Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Saltines and Gingerale



I know it's been a while since I posted a recipe.  It's because I can't think of anything I want to eat, much less cook. I am almost three months pregnant.  I've been so nauseated the last several weeks, I can hardly think about food.  Cooking smells make me sick, so what I have managed to eat is not healthful home-cooked meals.  I've already gained about four pounds so far.  When I first found out I was pregnant, I hoped to stick to Weight Watchers' Simply Filling plan.  It's not cutting calories, but focusing on whole, healthy foods.  Anyway, I haven't done well with that, since my tummy is so upset.  I just want to eat whatever doesn't make me want to throw up at that particular moment.  I'm hoping when I hit the second trimester I'll feel better, and can pay better attention to my eating habits.  For my first pregnancy, I gained 40 lbs. Twenty with the second.  I'm hoping to stay under 20 this time.

When I do cook, I'll need to make things that I can put away in the freezer.  Hopefully that will save me some time, both in late pregnancy as well as postpartum. With a 4 yr old, 18 mo, and a newborn, I doubt I'll have time to think about healthy meals for a while.

Any ideas for freezable casseroles, soups, or stews that are light?...Or could be made light?

1 comment:

  1. I want to have a blog! I have so much to say! But I really like yours. I don't feel like I have anything to add to it, recipes and stuff, but I like to read it and your comments. Very neat. You do so good keeping up with everything and you still look great. <3 Jen

    ReplyDelete