Friday, May 4, 2012

Crepe Cake

I was having company a few weeks ago, and i wanted to make something nice, but not a whole meal.  My Husband wanted chocolate cake, which i can't possibly resist, so I tried some variations on it.  I wanted it to be special so i looked for something a little...extra.  Here's is what i was going for:


This is  what i actually came out with:

Here is what I did:

1 box yellow cake
1/3 cup applesauce
3 egg whites
2 cups water
1 can Pillsbury Sugar free Chocolate frosting 

Mix as directed.  Pour 3/4 cup of batter into a hot skillet.  Cook as you would a crepe. Repeat with the remaining batter. Layer crepes and frosting.

Obviously these came out more like pancakes than crepes.  It tasted fine, but wasn't very pretty.  I think this may be one you can't use the box with.  Also, I heated the frosting to get it thinner.  I probably shouldn't have done that.  One day I'll try this one totally from scratch.  Any ideas, suggestions?




1 comment:

  1. Yummm... looks good!And BTW, this was my first time at your blog- love it!!

    ReplyDelete